My google diagnosis was perneal tendonitis. I've iced it, taped it, taken 2x Aleve for ~5 days straight. And it still hurts.
Yesterday I finally pulled the plug and made an appt with a doctor. The visit was today. He did some poking and proding. He did this weird thing where he basically used a turning fork and put it against my sore area to see if that made it hurt worse. It didn't. He did say it was swollen. And he also said he was worried it was a calcaneal stress fracture. I needed an MRI immediately so we could rule out the fracture. If its fractured, that means no Boise. If its not broken, then I'm supposed to wear "well padded shoes" and see what happens. Mkay.
I was supposed to immediately get an MRI at the imaging place downstairs from the doctor. I waited there over an hour, after which they told me that I couldn't actually get scanned until 4 PM. Lame. I ended up getting an MRI close to the house, which was actually good luck. It turns out that one of my friends used to work there (and got 2 MRIs for a stress fx there) so she knows the staff and some shortcuts. Normally, you'd have to make a follow-up appt with the doctor to discuss your MRI. My friend managed to arrange it so I can get the radiologist's report directly from the source. So I have to wait until 2PM tomorrow to see what my fate holds.
I'm not sure what's better. A broken foot and knowing I can't run on it. (again....) Or a not-broken foot and trying to run on it when it hurts.