Friday, April 30, 2010

April Totals

Funky month between tapering for 2 races, getting a stomach virus, and scratching a race.  Good times!

Bike: 10h 46m 46s - 144.93 Mi (3 hrs were spinning)
Run: 9h 15m 08s - 47.38 Mi
Swim: 6h 45m 57s - 16962 Yd
Pilates: 1h 00m
Yoga: 5h 45m
Check-in on goals for the month (even though this is pretty much a joke at this point):
 
April goals:
  • Do not get injured. That would be very bad. I didn't get injured, but I did have a pretty good bike crash a week before my HIM and I got a stomach virus.  Lucky that the crash only bruised me.  Stomach virus..... not lucky at all on that one.
  • Keep working on running endurance and speed. Done and Done.
  • Get race-day nutrition ironed out. I've been very bad lately (read: since November) and not drinking everything on my bike. Considering I get 100% of my calories from liquid sources, its very important that I either drink everything, or mix my drinks stronger, in anticipation that I'll not drink as much as I should. HIM nutrition was spot-on.  If anything, I had a bit too much but caught it in time.  Setting my Garmin to beep at me every 15 min on the bike was the trick to drinking more.  Also supplimenting w/Hammer Gels worked well.
  • Have fun racing. Its starting to get hot, and generally my fun level is a directly inverse of air temps. Here's hoping I can figure a way around that. Goal met because I had fun at the HIM.  Didn't really find a way around the heat, but I modified my race plan and expectations to "finish with a smile on your face".  And that I did.  And I'm still smiling about it.
  • Should I put goal times here? Oh, why not. April 11 Oly race - 3:30; April 25 HIM race - 7:00 (6:30 stretch goal).   hahahahahahaha.  Yeah, not even close here.
Oooook, here comes May!  And looking at my training schedule, its a doozy!

May goals:
  • Recover from the HIM.  I'm climbing the walls, but I've been told by many people to "respect the recovery".  So I will do my best.  Still, its frustrating.
  • Theme word for Team Erin is "Chappell Hill".  Lots of riding hills to get ready for Boise.
  • Get acclimated to the heat.  Easier said than done, but well, its getting hot out so I don't have much of a choice here.
  • No injuries.  And do not let the training schedule kill me.  Easier said than done.

No comments: