Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Moving update

As of last night at 5 PM, we are no longer home owners.  I've got mixed feelings about this.  I really, really love our house.  But I really don't like Houston.  I've joked that I wish we could take our house with us.  Hopefully we can find something we like in Denver - if anything, the view will be much better (hopefully).

Today is my last day in the Houston office.  We had a happy hour a week ago to say "goodbye", which was really nice.  As of yesterday, my office is about 2/3 of the way packed.  Wish I could say the same about the house.....

Tomorrow the movers show up to pack and load our house.  We'll be spending the night sleeping in our empty house on an air mattress.  Then Thursday, we'll be starting our migration to Denver, spending the night either in Stillwater, OK or Wichita, KS.  On Dec 31, we should be in our hotel in Denver.  Our stuff arrives in Denver Jan 7, so we have a week to figure out a place to rent.  We're not super picky - just really wanting 2 bedrooms and a 2 car garage.

Would like to write more later, but between being sick and moving, all my energy needs to go towards this.  We'll be taking photos along the way and I'll write up a move post.

No comments: