Tuesday, December 06, 2011

So that race didn't happen

I woke up Saturday to this:

maybe 3 inches and another 2-3 on the way....
Big puffy flakes, wind, and really cold temperatures.  This was at 7:30 AM.  No road plowing had been done.  I hung out for a bit and debated going.  Then I decided that even driving to the race was sketchy, much less racing it.  So I went back to bed and slept in until 10:30 AM.  Will and the kitties were very happy about this decision.

This was my second ever DNS.  My first was for the Kemah Olympic tri, where I had a horrible stomach virus the night before (morning of?) where I was puking every 30 minutes from 11 PM to well after the start of the race. 

I checked out the race results, and it looks like over 100 people raced.  On their bikes.  Colorado people are crazy.

I, on the other hand, was very happy to be home, in my jammies, fire going, and being lazy. 

Zipper likes to try and catch snowflakes as they fall outside the patio door.


No comments: