Tuesday, March 13, 2012

12 weeks

Until Boise.  How did that happen?

And hey, my total run mileage since October is 15 miles.  I know, I'm a complete over achiever.  Also: my longest bike ride since August was last Sunday.  A whopping 30 miles.  Amazing, right?

To fully illustrate my lack of fitness and training, I present the following metrics:

Distance... Wow, look at all that recent running.  Also: I biked over 500 miles in March 2011.  And 30 in March 2012. 

Time - hey, look, I've skied this year almost as much as I ran last year.  Sweet!  However, my blog hasn't been filled
with constant whining about training. Instead, its featured skiing stories.  :)
In developing my training plan for Boise, I've really just taken what my coach had me doing for IMTX and have dialed it back 1/3 to 1/2.  Of course, my IMTX training plan started in October, and with 12 weeks out from the race, I had a significant base, especially for running.  I've set the Boise plan to be aggressive, but I may have to dial it back a bit.  Prime example: I have a 2 hr long run in 1.5 weeks.  Probably not the best idea since I may have ONLY ran 2 hrs cumulatively in 2012.  MAYBE.

try not to fall over with laughter
I've been doing ok-ish on the swimming part of things.  Not ok on the speed part, but I can get the distance in.  I felt fine after Sunday's 30 miler, so I think/hope I can hang with the bike portions of the plan.  It may hurt, but I know I will survive.  Running is going to be interesting.  And probably painful.

No comments: