Beer week actually started before their arrival, as Will and I went to some rare beer tasting. Highlights were a raspberry sour from AC Golden (what's wrong with me!?!?), an apple cider with lavender and rosemary, and many, many whisky/bourbon/brandy aged dark beers. Lets just say that Thursday morning was a bit rougher than it should have been.
Friday was Day 1, which all in the Boulder area and included:
- Oskar Blues Tasty Weasel - I just had sips of what others were drinking
- Pumphouse Brewery and Grill - Ryetoberfest
- Gravity - Will and I split a sampler
- Upslope - pumpkin ale, so good
|yum. and also dangerous|
|note: this is not my hand|
- Cigar City Good Gourd Imperial Pumpkin. I may or may not have gone back 3 times for this. In a very long line. It was my favorite of the day.
- some random mid-west brewery's PB&J beer. Weird, but it worked.
- Shorts Brewery Bloody Mary beer. I do not like bloody marys. I have no idea why I liked this beer.
- New Glarus Rasperry Tart. so good. I wish they distributed here.
- And many, many others.
Sunday was even more drinking:
- Renegade brewing - Banana Split beer (chocolate hefeweisen) and some brunch from a food truck. I'm still sad they didn't have their Sunday Morning coffee strong ale. That would have been brilliant with bacon and french toast.
- Prost Brewing - I got the sampler and an extra sample of the Tivoli beer (historic Denver beer that went out of production in the 1960's). Then my friend got this brilliant creation - a Russian - consisting of a Hefeweisen and Italian Lemon Soda. Amazing. So I had to get one as well. This will be my summer 2013 beverage, for sure.
- Strange Brewing - Cherry Kreik (so good)
|Russian at Prost. Seriously delicious.|
Monday (dear good lord) (after a 4 mile trail run) was:
- Rockyard Grill and Brewery - lunch and a pumpkin beer
- side trip to a liquor store for some Crooked Stave beer (hard to find sour beer)
- Lone Tree Brewery - Ariadne Belgian Blonde (and an order of 3 x 1/6 kegs for my tri club party for next weekend)
- Copper Kettle Brewery - I drank water and had sips of other people's beers.
- More beer from our personal stash.