Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A statement you never want to hear during swim practice

From a swimmer in the fast lane (the opposite side of the pool from where I swim):

"Coach, there's a dead critter at the bottom of the pool. Can you hand me a flipper so I can remove it?"

Um, ewwwww. I'm so glad I own my own flippers so there's no chance of that dead-critter-retrieval-tool ever touching my feet. I don't even want to go there about the whole swimming in a pool with a dead critter thing. Or what kind of critter it was. Ew.

3 comments:

Stacey Peterson said...

Ewwwww!! And I thought the occasional floating bandaid in my pool was nasty!

So, what kind of dead critter was it?

Kate Wall said...

We get those all the time - they crawl in from the mountain preserve. Mice, rats, geckos, birds, and the occasional bunny.

Erin said...

No idea what it was, and I'm afraid to ask. It had to be more than your standard roach/insect for it to be noticed in the deep end.

And its one thing for a critter to find its way an die in an outdoor pool. Its entirely another thing for one to find its way and die in an indoor pool at a High School.