Thursday, July 07, 2005

Do not feed or molest...

Yeah, the beloved husband took me to a state park last Sunday to go fishing. Which park? The Alligator Park. Where these signs are posted everywhere...




Now, all of this would have been fine and dandy - except it was ~100 degrees and (I'm assuming) nearly 100% humidity. So it was motherfucking HOT AS HADES out. And you couldn't actually SWIM in the lakes we were fishing in - because we'd get eaten by the alligators. Add to the mix that we chose this day to attempt to make our Amazing Race application video, and I got the beginnings of heat stroke, and it just wasn't a very fun fishing trip. We did shoot some video footage, but I'm not sure we'll use it.

And I'm not against fishing. I like fishing. Like for instance, last summer when I was fly fishing on the middle fork of the Flathead River in Montana. That was fun. Fishing in the heat with gators is really not as fun as it sounds. Tough to believe, I know, but you'll have to trust me.
And if you don't believe me about the 'gators - here's a small one that was 50 feet away from where we were fishing...

And no, we didn't catch anything, either.

No comments: