Sunday, June 13, 2010

On Vacation


I will post a race report later in the week - maybe next week.  I will say it was one of the hardest things I've done.  Swim was perfect (at least my time was exactly what I was shooting for).  I ran the entire run except for a bit before mile 11 and a bit before mile 12.  And I survived the bike.  Made it up the big scary hill and I didn't die.  Considerable achievement, given we had 28 mph winds and 35 mph gusts.  Including a headwind the entire 20 "easy downhill coast" to the bike finish.  Given how hard the bike was I'm super proud that I ran the run section so well.  It may not have been fast or pretty, but my feet were moving in a motion generally resembling running.

Today, everything but maybe my ears are sore.  We're headed out the grandparents ranch for a few days and then up to the mountains for hiking, kneeboarding, and fly fishing.  I think I earned this R&R.

No comments: