Run: 16h 59m 39s - 91.54 Mi (sooo close to 100 miles - this is the MOST MILES EVER for a month for me - I had 86 miles in May)
Swim: 9h 24m 34s - 24896.81 Yd
Yoga: 3h 00m
Review of Octobber Goals
- Work on consistent weekly running. Would like to be able to report back next month that I was running 3x a week, just like my schedule says. I did much better this month! I ran 3x a week for 3 of the 4 weeks this month. The 1 week where I didn't do this, I decided I needed an extra day recovery from Firethorne (and from my Denver trip). I ran all my planned long runs, except for the weekend I had Firethorne.
- Work on tempo and speeds for running. Now that the cool weather is back, I need to incorporate more tempo running into my weekday runs. I didn't accomplish this goal, mainly because I was not specific in planning my runs. Back when I was coached, I had intervals and speeds. This month, I was more just like "push the back half or last few miles". Not at all specific. I will say that overall, my runs have been faster and I have been able to push harder with the cooler weather. And at Firethorne, I did CRUSH my 5k PR (10:00/pace) by running the 3 miles at a 9:22/mile pace.
- Enjoy this month - its the last month before Ironman training begins. Done and done!
- Get up to speed working with Coach Carole. This means learning to work with someone new, adjusting to their workouts, communication style. It also means more time on the bike.
- Re-work my running schedule (again, with Coach Carole). I'm scratching the Houston Marathon (per Carole's instructions) and will most likely be doing the RunGirl 13.1 Dec 12th.
- Get regular massages.
- Keep my house clean - aka "show mode". We just listed it and we really need it to sell quickly.