Wednesday, December 01, 2010

November Totals

First month of IMTX training - and my first month of being coached by Carole.  Focus this month seemed to be running, in preparation for the RunGirl half marathon on Dec 12th.  This was the first 100+ mile running month for me - pretty cool!

Bike: 11h 41m 47s - 125.58 Mi (mileage is short since I had 3.5 hrs on the trainer and my wheel magnet wasn't working, so I didn't get any mileage.  Mileage should be around 170 miles.)

Run: 19h 50m 06s - 104.06 Mi

Swim: 7h 40m - 17550 Yd

Yoga: 3h 00m

Review of November Goals
  • Get up to speed working with Coach Carole. This means learning to work with someone new, adjusting to their workouts, communication style. It also means more time on the bike. It was a bit bumpy in the beginning - the first week was a HUGE run week, 37 miles, where I'd been running 25 miles in a week.  That freaked me out.  But I think that week was a test and since then, we're getting into a rhythm and I'm figuring out how she works and vice versa.  She's been having me do a Friday run, Saturday long run, and then a Sunday run followed by a bike.  I think these Sunday runs (which are not awesome feeling) will teach me what it feels like to run coming off of a 112 mile bike.
  • Re-work my running schedule (again, with Coach Carole). I'm scratching the Houston Marathon (per Carole's instructions) and will most likely be doing the RunGirl 13.1 Dec 12th. I am running RunGirl, so this is done!
  • Get regular massages.  I got 3 (?) massages in November.  Then some muscles started hurting and I can't tell if its due to training or the massage.  So I'm chilling out on the massage front for a bit.  I have been spending more time with the foam roller and my Stick, since my left calf muscle is VERY tight. 
  • Keep my house clean - aka "show mode". We just listed it and we really need it to sell quickly. I am suprised and pleased to report that we have been doing a great job keeing the house clean. It helps that we don't have much in the house right now, so there's no clutter.  We also have our "show" routine down, so getting the house ready for a showing is pretty easy.
December Goals
  • RunGirl Half Marathon finish time of 2:25 (11:00/mile pace).  I did the Houston Half Marathon in 2:31 and I'm a faster runner now, so theoretically, I should be able to meet this goal.  The RunGirl course has some (small) hills, though, which could affect me.  We shall see.....
  • We had a preliminary offer on our house yesterday, which is great, but it makes the month of December really, really crazy.  The proposed close date is Dec 29th - we've asked for the option to lease it through Dec 31st so we have a few extra days.  This means I have to get quotes for movers, pack, figure out logistics, survive the selling process, and move to Denver.  To say I'm a little overwhelmed right now is an understatement.
  • Find a run group in Denver for my long runs.  Research swimming groups so I know what my options are, depending on where we end up living in January.
  • Keep up with the training, even with the moving craziness.

No comments: