- Its green here. Trees are fully leafed out, the air smells like blooms, grass in green.
- Its windy. But at least for today's ride, it wasn't nearly as windy as last Saturday's Palmer Lake ride.
- Traffic is bad and the drivers are crazy. Also: rubbernecking.
- I miss my friends. I've done something with people every night since I got here.
- The "hills" on the IMTX course are not hills. There were maybe 3 that got my attention. I never had to go into my small ring. Awesome.
- Its HOT. Even with my Infit drink mix and taking some Enduralytes before the ride,e the heat still got to me. The first 3 hours of the ride were awesome. Then my HR got stuck at 162 bpm, much higher than my effort was. Then I had a mental lapse and did a sweet sideways slow-mo crash while clipped in. No idea what happened there. I still had 30 min left on my ride schedule, but after riding back to the truck, I was slightly trembling and I had a pretty sweet heat headache. Ugh, IMTX is going to be interesting....
- The IMTX bike course is PRETTY. I've missed riding up there in the forests.
|IMTX course in the National Forest.|