Friday, March 22, 2013

sick

There's a joke in my household.  I don't do anything half-assed.  Its either no ass or full ass.

For the past three years, I have managed to be sick on my birthday, which is pretty crappy.  It wasn't so bad, I only felt a tiny bit awful, and my Saturday I was feeling much better.  Even well enough for a day of skiing.  Then I somehow rebounded - or caught whatever Will had.  And this next round has taken a hold on me.  Sinus pain so bad I had trouble seeing, a coughing fit (coupled with a ride to Palmer Lake in the snow) that should have probably sent me to the hospital.  And the fatigue.  Holy crap am I tired.

I finally went to an Urgent Care clinic on Tuesday.  Diagnosis was a sinus infection.  I got a lecture about not coming in earlier and a prescription for augmentin, 875 mg twice a  day for 10 days.  I've had 3 full days of antibiotics and feel slightly better.  Only slightly.

Crapola.

I'm 6 weeks away from the hardest 70.3 I've attempted and I have barely done any workouts.  Just 2:20 easy on the bike trainer.  Mainly because of the fatigue.

Hopefully I will really start to feel better this weekend and by next week I'm ready to roll.  It has been a long time since I've been this sick and I'm wondering what sort of bad karmic mojo I put out into the universe to deserve this.

No comments: