Friday, September 29, 2006

Off to the Big Easy..... hopefully

Headed to New Orleans tomorrow, hopefully. I've been planning this weekend for a month. There's a convention in town and a bunch of my friends will be there, meaning drinking (hopefully at free convention parties) in the quarter, with much debauchery. I'll be staying with my SIL, who lives on Bourbon.... so even more debauchery. I haven't seen her since before Katrina, and I suspect she's been having a rough go of things lately, so I want to spoil her a bit.

The only kicker is that I've been sick for 3 weeks now. 2 weeks of a head cold which has now migrated into my chest. I was doing much better last weekend and in the past 2 days have become worse. And the idea of driving 5 hrs each way by myself while sick doesn't sound great. Neither does partying while sick. Seems like a dumb thing to do.

However, I'm not exactly known for being smart. Which is probably why I relapsed - my new swim team is at an outdoor pool. 5:30 AM in 60 degree weather, wet, AND sick? Yeah, not smart.

So, hopefully when I wake tomorrow I'll magically feel better (or on the way to better) so I can have a 3 day weekend drinking and eating tasty food.

No comments: