As part of my Gone for a Run Ambassadorship, I thought I'd give their arm warmers a try. They come in all sorts of fun designs and well, I needed new ones anyways. I ended up selecting the "Will run for beer" ones. I thought it was appropriate. Especially since I've been known to run to the local brewery and meet my husband for beers/dinner.
|these are pretty cool looking|
- Top nylon-spandex fabric
- UV protection 50+ and anti-bacterial fabric
- Compression fit with "stay put" grip
- Available in multiple sizes
|SIZE||LENGTH||WIDTH (at top)|
I ordered a small. I measured my old arm warmers (laid them flat on the counter and measured the diameter at the top) and thought I'd be ok. What I forgot was that my old arm warmers are VERY stretchy. As a result, these arm warmers are pretty tight.
I put them on for a chilly recovery ride on my bike. I rarely use arm warmers for running but I like them for cycling.
|the true sign of a recovery ride: nothing matches|
- they seemed to have more of a cooling effect than a warming effect when I was riding. That wasn't so good as it was pretty chilly out.
- the text is screen printed, which is a bit stiff but not so stiff that you really noticed it. I imagine it would soften up with time and use.
- the stretch was pretty good. I didn't have any bunching at my elbows or too much tightness anywhere.
- the length was really good
- I really didn't like the grippy stuff at the top of the sleeves. It irritated my skin. If it did that on a 1 hour easy bike ride I don't think it would be pretty for a run.
- I almost wish I'd ordered a medium.
Overall, these were just ok. I think I like my old arm warmers better, mainly because I like the fabric better. (sorry)
But, if you need grips on your sleeves and want something with a cute slogan or colorful fabric, give these a try!
*disclaimer* Gone for a Run provided these arm warmers to me to wear and review. All opinions remain my own.