Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Moroccan beef hash

I'm trying to find some quick, easy and tasty recipes to cook up when I'm busy/tired.  I've never made this the same way twice but the basic recipe is very flexible.  All you need is ground meat, spices, and veggies.  It takes about 20 minutes to make and makes REALLY good left-overs. (I am all about left-overs.)  I've made this probably 3 times and each time its been a winner.


Ingredients

  • 1 lb ground meat (beef or elk work really well)
  • veggies!  the photo above has sweet potato, onion, and eggplant.  I've also used carrots and squash.  This is a good "I need to use up my veggie-bin" recipe.
  • cooking oil - I use coconut oil
  • green onion and cilantro
  • spices - I typically use cinnamon, cumin, coriander, garlic, and salt
Directions
  • I usually cook my veggies first since they need a while to soften.  A trick I started with sweet potatoes is to microwave them first and then dice them up and toss them into a pan.  Its way quicker this way, although you do risk burnt fingers when you chop up a hot potato.
  • Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
  • Cook beef, add spices
  • When beef is cooked, add the veggies.  Give it a good stir to distribute the spices.  
  • Finish off with cilantro/green onion, stir to mix, and serve

No comments: