- 1 lb ground meat (beef or elk work really well)
- veggies! the photo above has sweet potato, onion, and eggplant. I've also used carrots and squash. This is a good "I need to use up my veggie-bin" recipe.
- cooking oil - I use coconut oil
- green onion and cilantro
- spices - I typically use cinnamon, cumin, coriander, garlic, and salt
- I usually cook my veggies first since they need a while to soften. A trick I started with sweet potatoes is to microwave them first and then dice them up and toss them into a pan. Its way quicker this way, although you do risk burnt fingers when you chop up a hot potato.
- Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Cook beef, add spices
- When beef is cooked, add the veggies. Give it a good stir to distribute the spices.
- Finish off with cilantro/green onion, stir to mix, and serve